Dog Home Boarding and Overnight Dog Sitting
Quality care in a family home
Walking Whiskers provides a much better alternative to conventional kennels. We have a four bedroomed property that is annually vetted by the council in accordance with council rules and regulations or alternatively we offer an overnight dog sitting service in your home. Dogs will enjoy the home comforts of both family life, whilst staying in a relaxed environment with the devoted care they require.
Dog Home Boarding
We will care for your dog like one of our own, providing the love and attention needed in your absence in our family home. We board a maximum of 2 dogs at any one time and they will have the company of our family dog Flash, a Cocker Spaniel. Our family dog is well socialised and friendly, and has many dog friends that regularly board with us. We try to follow the same bedtime and feeding regime to that you yourself operate so there is some semblance of continuity. Pets do best when they have as little disruption to their daily routine. We do not have any strict rules and they have both the run of the house and garden along with our own dogs.
We have an initial 'doggy sleepover' to ensure that your dog's stay will be a happy one. Your dog is welcome to bring their bed, food, toys and bowls so they truly feel at home. All dogs boarding with us will be walked daily and fed and watered as required. Our dog home boarding service is fully insured and has been licensed by Halton Borough Council since 2011. Animal Activity License number HBC/011026/2019.
We conform to the conditions and rules provided by Halton Borough Council for dog boarding, as follows:
- All dog's must be vaccinated with up to date boosters (the course of vaccinations must have been completed at least four weeks before the first date of boarding and proof of vaccinations kept at Walking Whiskers during the period of home boarding)
- All dogs must be vaccinated against kennel cough
- All dogs must be flea and worm treated
- All dogs in our care will wear a Walking Whiskers ID tag with our contact details
- We cannot board un-neutered or unspayed bitches
- All dogs must be sociable. We cannot board aggressive dogs
- Puppies under 6 months old, cannot be boarded with other dogs, including our resident dogs.
- ALL VACCINATIONS MUST BE CURRENT INCLUDING KENNEL COUGH. (PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A COMPULSORY REQUIREMENT, AS WITHOUT IT YOUR DOG WON'T BE ALLOWED TO STAY).
All bookings are provisional until the overnight stay is completed.
Prices for dog boarding is £23 per night for 1 dog, and £35 for 2 dogs or £47 for 3 dogs if they are from the same home. This home from home service is extremely popular so please book well in advance to avoid disappointment. All home boarders are required to be licensed by the local council, always ask to see their Boarding license as without one they won't be insured and are in breach of regulations.